Thursday, April 29, 2010

Have You Seen My Beach Ball?

It is this big.....


And this round.....



And it went that way.

During our California trip we went to the beach. Seal Beach to be more specific. Grayson and Colby had been to the beach before, but it was Jayden's first time. I think it is safe to say they all loved it! They keep teasing one another saying they were going to bury them so they couldn't get out. Colby got buried...but he was able to escape. Jayden buried my feet. He would put a small handful of sand on my foot, then hit it a few times to make sure he was compacting it. He wasn't very careful. He kept hitting my shins.



There was a pier at the beach we went to. The boys thought it was pretty awesome and had to walk to the end. It made me and Lynnell alittle nervous when they kept peeking over the railing to see how far out we were. They loved chasing the birds that landed on it. Poor birds.
Another cool thing about this beach was they had playground right on the beach. It had a fench around it so kids couldn't just run down to the water. The boys begged and pleaded to go play there. We finally let them, and what did they do??? Looked in the playground sand for shells. I kept telling them to play...but they wouldn't. So we forced them to go back down to the water to play. (Notice my awesome bracelet...we took pipecleaners to play with in the truck and the boys made me a crown, a ring and a bracelet, I only wore the bracelet in public....Jeremy has one on too.)




Jayden liked the seal. You can see 2 little monsters peeking in the back.

My boys really loved being at the beach. We didn't put any sunscreen on them because it was really cloudy when we got there. But by the time we left they had red backs. I think that if we lived anywhere near water they would be cute little surfers with bleach blonde hair.


Poor Grayson, he tried so hard to build a castle, but with 2 little brothers running away from waves every 45 seconds it proved to be too big a challenge. He even had a moat around it. He would pour water into it and a few seconds later it would disappear. We tried, but I guess us Arizonan's aren't the best sand castle builders. Now knocking them down we were pretty good at.



All together it was a good beach experience. The boys had fun..and the best part was it was free! (We figured out alittle bit late we were supposed to pay for parking....oops.) I think the boys would really love a vacation just playing at the beach.....maybe we can squeeze one in this summer.....
Favorite things about the beach:
Grayson - "There was alot of sand."
"I liked collecting the seal shells."
Colby - "I could do the monkey bars at the playground."
"Getting in the water and it chasing me back."
"Mom there is sand in my crack!"
Jayden - "The crabs put sand in my ears mom!"
"Thats alot of water."







2 comments:

  1. Too Cute! Maybe we should plan a joint beach vacation this summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their little six-pack abs. And you do get lots of sand in your cracks at the beach.

    ReplyDelete