Sunday, April 18, 2010

Addicted

I am starting to notice a trend with addictions......they are never cheap. When people are addicted to cars, they are usually expensive cars. Drugs, people pay large amonts of money for small amounts of drugs. People don't get addicted to the penny slots.....its the big money games that people love. Women who get addicted to shopping don't shop at the dollar store. Purses.....its always the expensive ones.


TLC has a show called ADDICTED, I have never actually watched it just seen commercials. But I think one day I may be featured on it. I don't yet have a problem.....but I see the possibility.



I have walked past the MAC display probably a million times. I always park by Dillards so when I go into the mall I have to walk past this display. I always think, "I want to try that someday". I always say that but never actually stop.

I have noticed the makeup I am using doesn't last more than an hour, then it magically disappears. That is REALLY annoying. So I wanted to try this makeup.
So Friday when I went to Tucson I tried it. I told the lady I wanted to try some foundations/powders. At first she only did half my face. I was already imagining myself in the movie The Other Sister when a girl with "speical needs" gets a mall make over and they only do half her face.....please don't do that to me!
But really the lady just did that to compare colors.

When she was done I had enough makeup on to compete in a beauty peagant. But I liked it! It lasted all day long. When I went to wash it off that night it looked the same as when it was put on in the morning.

Of course she used a few different things on me to trick me into buying it all...but I stuck to my decision of only buying one thing. Well......one thing every few weeks. I am already plotting my next purchase. And just like any other addiction...its not cheap.

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoy splurging on a MAC product occaisonaly. They have this stuff that you can put on your eyes before you put on your eye shadow. It's like a foundation for your eyes. It has changed my life! I never get those creases in the middle of my eye where all my eye shadow would end up. My eye shadow stays on good all day!!! I agree that stuff can be addicting. My advice would be...try and stay away from the mall! lol

    ReplyDelete