Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Really Lucky

Ok when you see the pictures on this post you may think I am crazy because of the title...but I don't feel that way.
Last night we went out riding with our neighbors. I rode one of their quads with Grayson and Jayden. Jeremy rode on his with Colby. Jeremy was the last in our line, he got tired of the dust from everyone and decided to make his own road. Well long story short,Jeremy and Colby flipped his quad. Jeremy just got a small scratch on his arm. We think the quad either landed on or hit Colby in the head.
We haven't really made our kids wear helmets when they are on with one of us. When Grayson rides on his own we make him wear a helmet, but not when they ride with us. So no one saw them crash, Jeremy made sure Colby was ok, and then caught up with us.
After we finally got home, Colby was ok. He was starting to get swollen in his face. We had a friend come over to check Colby out, because he wasn't hurt enough to take into the ER....but we wanted to make sure.
He just recommended watching him, told us what to watch for, and to ice his cheek and head.



He wouldn't let me take his picture so I had to wait for him to fall asleep. This morning its alot more purple, but Colby is doing good. He has a few scrapes on his back and chest. I kept him home from school so he could rest. He was joking he was going to crash more often so he could go to Subway for strawberry milk. And what makes it even worse is that he burnt his leg on the exhast 2 days before.



When I think of what could of happened it really scares me. You always hear about kids crashing and getting head injuries, and it killing them. We are so very thankful that Colby and Jeremy were both ok. I can hardly think about what could of happened without getting teary. I hope no one thinks I blame Jeremy, it wasn't his fault. I am just using this as a reminder that we really need to cherish our time with our family, and I shouldn't get upset about little things and waste that time being angry.
We will still continue to ride and let our kids ride, but you can be sure that they will always wear a helmet now.

3 comments:

  1. aww man! Poor thing, I'm glad he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo glad Colby is ok! I think it is a great idea to make them wear helmets now! Boys tend to have a lot of accidents and do really dumb things LOL!

    ReplyDelete