Saturday, September 19, 2009

Awesomest Banner Ever


Ok so my picture doesn't do much for the banner....but I am pretty proud of it. That thing took me 5-6 hours to do.
Colby's coach asked all the parents if someone would make a banner because they are supposed to have one, his wife would normally do it BUT she is just about to have a baby. So I volunteered because no one else looked very crafty.
So I had this whole design in my head...I just didn't think about how long it would take. Everything on this banner is hand-cut (my hands) out of felt. It took me sooooo long to do today and I still have to figure out how to hang it on the fence at games.
This banner came at a physical cost to me as well as my time, and money. I did not want to sew at all, so I used my hot glue gun. It worked pretty good...I must of gone thru 20 glue sticks. I had the occasional burnt finger, no big deal. But then after the gun had been on for like 5 hours I was sitting on the ground putting glue on the "c" in Medicine, and I dropped it, glue side down of course, onto the inside of my calve. It REALLLLLY hurt! And whats worse was it was glued to me. So I ripped it off quickly, but it still burnt my leg. I now have a "c" shaped burn on my leg.....and it still hurts. Now I know what Colby went thru went he was burnt a few weeks ago. That so far has been my worst craft accident.
My favorite parts of the banner are: the cute little sharks, the bows on the girl sharks, and the Medicine Shoppe logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment