Saturday, September 12, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football???


I thought I was. I thought that all the little boys would just run around and follow all the rules.....I was not prepared. What is the first thing you want to do when you see someone being mean to your child??? You want to set them straight. Well as a mom sitting in the bleachers you can't! You have to sit there and watch as another player just chases your son around the whole time, and when he catches him, pushes him down. It was frustrating. And another time he tripped him, and elbowed his face. I THOUGHT IT WAS FLAG FOOTBALL NOT TACKLE!!!! Atleast in tackle they have pads on. Jeremy thought I was going to jump out of the bleaches when the kid elbowed him. I have always thought that when parents yell at the ref or at the coach, or even other players that they were taking it too seriously. But NOW I understand.
It wasn't really bad, just I didn't expect to feel the way I did. I see a future of yelling "He's holding!!!!" and "What was that??!!" and "Where's the flag??!". Its not how I imagined I would be, but it will happen. I have already started, its just loud talking now, but it will develop into yelling. Yep I will be THAT mom. Jeremy will be embarrassed sitting next to me, people will turn around and stare. I love my kids so I will sacrifice myself for them ( I already sacrificed my stomach).
Although I do have to say that it was the cutest game ever. They are so small, yet they still have to play the WHOLE football field. We went thinking no one would score, but those little guys managed to run mini-marathons and got a few touchdowns. Grayson had alot of fun, he played defense. I don't think he is big enough (a whopping 46 pounds) to be playing on the line. When he wasn't playing he was obsessed with drinking his whole Gatorade before the end of the 1st quarter. Then of course he had to leave the field to use the bathroom. I guess I should be thankful he left the field..it was probably pretty tempting with all that grass. His other favorite past times when he wasn't playing was - taking one drink out of each water bottle (ewwwww) then adding water to each bottle, and playing with his mouth guard.

(Grayson with his friend Rylee...such skinny legs!)
Grayson plays every Saturday thru Halloween if anyone wants to come see him play!

1 comment:

  1. Did they win??? He look great in his uniform! I would be right there yelling with you. If we ever have a boy it will be so hard for me to let him do stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete