Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Halloween

I never really got a chance to blog about Halloween. So here it is....

We carried on our usual Halloween tradition, we went to the Trunk or Treat held at the football field at the school. For some unknown reason I just can't stand walking around and waiting while the kids get their candy. So I decorated our truck. It started out just carved pumpkins, and somehow Lynnell and I got carried away. I have a feeling next year will just get bigger.


This was Brinley's first real Halloween. She was here last year but she was only three months old. She a a cat, or as she would kind of say "kitty". It was the cutest little costume. Her tail swayed back and forth when she walked.


The boys all used costumes we already had. I just have such a hard time paying so much money for those cheap costumes. I do not have a problem when they are an actual costume, not just thin material with paint. So Grayson was an army guy, Colby was a lost hiker (I will explain) and Jayden was a skeleton.


The same weekend as Halloween was also my Dad's and brother Nathan's hunt. Jeremy had planned to go out with them, and take the two older boys. They were out there two nights and came back saturday morning. Colby is the dirtiest kid ever. He can take a shower for school, and by the time he leaves his face is dirty. So after two days of no shower, and a soccer game, he was pretty dirty. Then being a boy, he did not want to take a shower even when he could. He was running around in an old boy scout shirt we had, and was wearing his backpack. I told him he looked like a lost hiker, and he just went with it.


The actual day of Halloween was on Monday. I was gone at school so Jeremy took the kids out trick or treating alone. What a good dad! They even went and ate dinner at Wendy's first. Grayson was the die-hard and wanted to keep going. The other kids were done after just a block or two.

All in all we got too much candy and ate it all in just a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment