Monday, June 15, 2009

Colby's 5th Birthday


Wow Colby turned 5 today. That is so crazy. I can remember waking up in the middle of the night the day of my due date when my water broke. Then waiting for Jeremy to take a what seemed like a 2 hour shower. Then finally driving to the hospital, and finally Colby coming the next evening via c-section. I remember the cardiologist coming to my room the next day to talk about Colby's heart, and not quite understanding what was going on. Then having to re-tell it to Jeremy because he wasn't there when she came. I remember taking Grayson up to the NICU to see Colby thru the glass, and trying so hard not to break down and cry. I remember Jeremy's Dad and Grandpa coming and giving him a blessing. Then Colby had a procedure done. Finally after close to 2 weeks in the hospital, finally getting to bring him home. My nights of sleeping in the isolation room at UMC's NICU were over. We would take him every other day to the cardiologists in Tucson. Then it became once a week, then every other week, then once a month, then every other month. Then we were up to every 3 months, and now finally we go every 6 months. Colby has been a rule breaker from the beginning, he was supposed to be a sick skinny baby, but I guess no one told him, he was always very chubby. He was only supposed to make it to 2 maybe 3 months old before needing open heart surgery.....now he is 5 and hasn't needed it yet. But still every time he goes to the doctor I wonder if this will be "the time" we get bad news. But I know Colby is a strong little boy, and we are hopeful he gets to 10 before ever needing anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment