Monday, April 25, 2011

Its an Easter miracle!

I know.....this is REALLY a miracle that I am actually doing a blog a few days after Easter. Can hardly believe it myself. The reason why is because we FINALLY have internet.

We continued our Easter tradition, we went out to Catalina where some of my family lives. We went friday afternoon and stayed until late sunday afternoon. We always have so much fun visiting. The kids are usually exhasted by the time we leave and this time was no exception.



My Aunt Peggy and Uncle Ted put SO much work into Easter and make it special for everyone. The boys were really looking forward to hunting for eggs. My Uncle Ted really knows how to do an egg hunt. He has various money eggs, 3 $20 eggs, some $10 eggs and some $5 eggs. He does 100 $1 eggs....I know because I filled them this year. They do candy eggs, and eggs with numbers where kids get to pick a small prize. Also the kid with the most hard-boiled eggs gets $20. They really put alot of work into this party and I don't think they get thanked enough. Jayden still falls into the 5 and under group so he got a 5 minute head start. He was all business. I guess Jeremy and I coaching him saying "Just grab them and keep going, don't stop to look in them" has really paid off. Colby was bummed because he is now too old for the head start. But still did pretty good coming home with lots of candy, $19, two prizes and a good sugar high. Grayson has been doing this for years....so he needed no coaching. I remember one year he had only gotten a few eggs before he tripped and got a leg FULL of jumping cactus. Poor kid. We had to use pliers to get them out.




This was Brinley's first Easter. So it was my first time buying an easter dress. It was alot of pressure. But I am happy with what I picked out. She spent most of the day being passed from person to person, and occasionally took naps on Jeremy and my cousin Amy. In her basket she got a little baby, a sippy cup, some binkies, a bib and a few pieces of candy.



I am so thankful for my family. I am thankful for Jeremy and all he does for us. For all our children and the joy they bring into our lives. I cannot imagine our life without any of them.


****Grayson said something funny I want to remember. Our hometeacher was over visiting us and gave a short lesson about Jesus, and the tomb being empty on the 3rd day. Then Grayson says, "Oh so he was just faking his death like on Megamind" thank goodness our home teacher has kids and laughed it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment