Friday, March 5, 2010

Some kind of Record

Well I don't have any pictures...and this is kinda something you have to see to believe. Jayden learned to ride a bike! The amazing part is he doesn't use training wheels.
One day a about a month ago (I know I am behind) he went over to our neighbors house to play. I can home from work and he came out side and said, "I can ride a bike now". SO I asked him to show me. He couldn't start on his own, but as soon as I let go of the seat he just kept going. He was 3 years and 3 months old. Crazy.
So when Jeremy got home it was already dark, but Jayden HAD to show his dad what he could do.
Probably 2 days later I guess Jayden was tired of having us help him when ever he had to start again. (He did have frequent crashes, nothing too serious ) So after us trying to show him how to start on his own a few times....he just took over. He was pretty excited. We also noticed he stands up when he pedals.
He had been doing that just about 5 mintues when I started to ask Jeremy how long he thought it would be before Jayden mastered that and needed to learn something new, when I looked over and saw him trying to do a wheelie. He gets his tire a few inches off the ground, but he is pretty proud. After a few mintues of that he thought it was fun to speed up just before he stops so he can skid to a stop. He didn't stop there.....a little while later he wanted a ramp. Yes he wanted to start jumping on his bike. So Jeremy built a small dirt ramp for him to jump......and he did.
I know that its only a matter of time before he starts doing really crazy stuff.
Since we have moved over to my dad's house and we made the rule "NO RIDING ON THE PORCH" because we are worried about the stairs....what does Jayden do???! He mastered the 3 stairs off the porch...it scares me. He says it hurts his butt.
His latest trick as of today is riding while eating a popsicle. He goes part of the time using one hand. PLEASE don't let him think of going with no hands.
I didn't even learn to ride until 2nd grade...how crazy is Jayden??!

No comments:

Post a Comment