Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School (like 2 months ago...)

I am not sure who was more excited for school to start, the kids or me. Its not that I don't enjoy having them at home and spending time together. I want them to go and make friends. To make their own choices. To become their own person.



Grayson is in 4th grade now. This year Mr. Crum is his teacher. It is the first time Grayson has had a male teacher. Grayson has to take his lunch everyday. He is WAY too picky to eat cafeteria food. Grayson is such a smart kid, he just needs to slow down when he does his work. This year he has actual books that he has to bring home to do homework. Sometimes his backpack weighs more then he does. He is getting to be so grown up. He already is asking for a cell phone. Thankfully he isn't too cool to pose for a first day of school photo.



Colby is in 2nd grade. His teacher is Michelle Judd. Colby loves school and was counting down until it started. He also has to take his lunch everyday, just because Grayson does. Colby never wears flip flops to school because he plays soccer everyday at recess. Although this past few weeks they switched over to baseball. He has a very tight group of friends. Its so cute to listen to them talk to one another, sometimes I can't understand any of them. Colby was definietly looking forward to 2nd grade because they are the "big kids" on the playground now.

Jayden started preschool again this year. (Thank goodness) But I was a bad mom and didn't take a picture. He is in Mrs. Jones class and goes two days a week. Everyday when he gets up he asks if he has school today. He is good at making friends st school and always wants to invite them over. I enjoy just those few hours alone with Brinley.

Another person starting school this year was me. Again no picture.....I was going to do one but I forgot. I am starting college. I go to Pima Community College. I suck at online classes, I have tried twice already with online and quickly gave up. So all my classes are in person. I drive to Tucson four nights a week. Yes it is alot of driving, but I enjoy the peace and quiet. We have a teenage girl that comes over to babysit during the gap that I am gone and Jeremy isn't home yet. So far Jeremy is doing pretty good. They aren't always in bed by 8:00 like they are supposed to be, but oh well. We are trying to adjust to having a not-always-clean-house. Not that it was perfect before, but now it takes me most of Friday to get it clean-ish. I am going to school right now just for my basic classes, then when I get all those done I will apply for the nursing program. It may of taken me close to ten years to go to college, but atleast I am trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment