Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baptisms and Blessings


Well since Grayson turned 8, it was time for his baptism. So we wanted to have his baptism and Brinleys blessing in the same weekend. Grayson shared his baptism with another girl in our ward, Camilla. We got to the stake center after Jeremy rushed me out the door, only to find the font hadn't been filled yet. Whoops. So finally we started about a half an hour late. But it was really nice. The music was perfect. The talks were really good and easy to follow. I know Jeremy was nervous about baptising Grayson but he did a great job. (He wanted the other family to go first so he could see).


When Grayson was confirmed I thought I would cry, but amazingly I didn't! That always happens to me. Thinking about things like that will always make me cry, but when we actually get there I don't! (I am not complaining) Jeremy did a really good job, the things he said were perfect. All except when he said something about Grayson being a good example to his brothers......he forgot to say sister too. Ooops. But it was still really good. I didn't get teary until the closing song.


I think I am becoming a family picture nazi. At every holiday or big event, even Halloween, we take a family picture. I think its because I don't have very many of my family or Jeremy's. And I like to compare year to year and see the changes. Like when we add another baby, or when they start looking like young men, or when they stop looking like babies, or even their awkward preteen years that are going to be here before we know it. They have all figured out its easier to just do what mom says and smile, because she will take it anyway. There was a niece and nephew that were trying to sneak into my picture, they even got their hand into one.


Brinley is our first baby thats had a blessing. We weren't active in church when we had our other kids. Occasionally when one was really sick we had someone step in and give them a blessing. But now Jeremy is able to do that for our family, and I am so proud of him. I know he was nervous....it was a big weekend for him. But once again he stepped up and did a amazing job. My kids are so lucky to have a dad that can do that for them.



I felt alot of pressure in making her headband. I wanted it to be special. I used stretchy ribbon from a store I got while I was pregnant and didn't know what I was having. I knew I would use it for her blessing if it was a girl. I took lace from my wedding dress. And I used the sleeves from the dress I wore when we got sealed. I kept the other sleeve in case we have another girl. So it was pretty special. The dress Jeremy's mother made. Brinley looked so pretty!



For some reason we could not get a good picture that day. In the other ones I was talking or Jeremy was.....oh well not every picture is the best. And I had to make Jayden get dressed in his church again so we could get a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Jayden looked nice in his camo and camo outfit. And Grayson and Colby look so grown up in the baptism picture. Its crazy how fast they grew up.

    ReplyDelete